Mold in your home?
Mold is everywhere. It’s a type of fungus that grows from tiny spores that float in the air. It can grow almost anywhere that spores land and find moisture and a comfortable temperature. Typically that includes about every damp place in your home. Often people don’t know they have a mold problem and are suffering serious health consequences. That’s why mold testing is so important. CS Consulting has a trained and certified team of health and safety professionals who can test your home or business and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
How do molds affect people?
Molds produce allergens and irritants. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. A spot of mold the size of a dime contains approximately 500,000 spores. A mold issue in one room can lead to a whole building problem, as spores can easily travel through general air currents and HVAC systems and cross-contaminate the premises quickly.
When Should You Test for Mold?
We recommend testing your home for mold if:
Contact us today to schedule an appointment to get your home or business tested.